Hello Everyone! Krystal from Sassy Sanctuary here and so super glad to be too. I have had a ton of fun seeing all the creative LOVE going on here this week and I'm excited to finish us off.
Now, I have had a CrAzY month!!! We have been finishing our master bathroom (its finally done! Yay!!) We had the engine go out on my car and can I just say I HATE mechanics!!! (I apologize to anyone that might offend.) We bought our house so we have had all the fun paperwork that goes with that. AND I'm officially 8 weeks (or less) from having baby #4 which means I've been sewing baby bedding (because I can't do anything the easy way) and making nursery decor, all while finishing another bedroom in the basement so we can do the whole sibling room swap once again. So ya, BUSY.
Now I only tell you all that because I had no intention of decorating for Valentines this year. But when the lovely WYLTC gals started emailing about crafting for love day, I knew I would kick myself if I didn't join in. So I did, and I love it. Crafting really is my ME thing and it was really fun to take a break from life's crazies and do something for ME. And I have to say my Valentine's display is really one of my favorites and I'm so glad I got it all out. So thank you ladies!!! It was just what I needed. :)
And just like the Crafty Sisters, I am a little crazy over love birds. I was actually inspired by some cute digi scrapbook embellishments I have for the shape of these birds. I love that they are such a simple shape but have the cute little heart wings.
And they were simple and quick to make. Which was a requirement this time around!
Here's how I made them....
1. I cut the bird shape out of inch thick wood. As you can see in the picture, its a very basic bird. The hearts are little unfinished wood hearts from Micheals. They cost about 30 cents each, so way worth it for me to get a perfect heart.
2. Trace and cut out the shapes in scrapbook paper. I cut the beaks off too.
3. Paint the sides and backs of the the wood.
4. Let dry. If you are anything like me, waiting for paint to dry is torture!! hehe
5. Modge Podge the paper to the wood. I like to lightly sand the edges after I add the paper to get a really clean look.
6. Add glitter to the beaks. I find good old Elmer's glue works the best for sticking glitter. Then hot glue on some little eyes (these are black pearl things from the scrapbook section. I use them all the time.) And hot glue the wings in place. Done.
I hope you all had fun with this months craft ideas and I wish you all a very fun and full of love Valentine's Day!
Thanks for reading!