Monday, March 4, 2013

12 Days of Easter Advent- Sassy Sanctuary

Hello everyone!  It Wood You Like To Craft time again!  I'm SO super excited about this month. Since Easter falls on the 31st of March this year I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for some Easter crafting.  We decided to focus on the meaning of Easter and our theme for this month is A Christ Centered Easter.  I have a lovely idea for you all today and I can't wait to see what all the other ladies came up with.

First off, have you all heard about the 12 days of Easter?  There are several variations around the web but the basic idea is that you gather 12 Easter eggs, number them, and put a scripture and small object in each one that teaches the story of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.  You gather as a family each night, open one egg and read that scripture and talk about that part of the story as you count down to Easter.  The first egg will be opened on March 20th this year, with the final egg being opened Easter Sunday. 

Here is a link to the list of scriptures and objects I am using, but if you google "12 days of Easter" you'll find a bunch of variations that could work for your family.

{The 12 days of Easter}

 Now you can just put all these eggs in a cute basket, but this is WYLTC!  So I came up with a fun way to display our 12 Days of Easter Advent.


It's a simple wooden board, cut to the shape of a church, with 12 hooks to hang the 12 eggs.  Now I'm an awful blogger.  I had every intention to document my process for you but before I knew it I was all done and hadn't taken any pictures along the way.  (I tend to get caught up in my projects and completely space it!) So you'll have to forgive me as I try and explain my process without pictures.

Get a wooden board and cut it to a church shape.  Which is basically a house shape with a triangle roof and a steeple.

I got all my house pieces at Hobby Lobby in their doll house section.  The door is a doll house window.  And the windows are also pieces of doll house windows cut down to smaller sizes.

The trim pieces are also from Hobby Lobby and are along the bottom by the door and roof line.

All the trim pieces, doors and windows are just glued on with wood glue.

Then you paint, add the hooks, hot glue little loops of ribbon to each egg so you can hang them, and add scrapbook number stickers to each egg.

Done.

The church was a lot of fun but even just a square board with cute scrapbook paper and hooks would be a fun variation of the same idea.

Here are some close- ups of the details.


The door and windows...


The eggs....

And the upper window, roof, and steeple.

And that's it!

 
I hope you'll all join me and celebrate the 12 days of Easter this year, no matter how you decide to display them.   

And come back for the rest of the week to see what other great ideas the WYLTC ladies have to keep Christ the center of your Easter celebration.

Thanks for reading!








3 comments:

Candace & Nicole said...

Wow Krystal! I really love it, such a great way to display the eggs! -Candace

Unknown said...

Ditto the WOW! That came out fantastic.

Melinda said...

The church is awesome! If only there was a Hobby Lobby anywhere close to where I live I would copy you in a second!