Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Star of Bethlehem- Sassy Sanctuary

Hello everyone!  Krystal from Sassy Sanctuary here today and so excited to be back for another round of WYLTC!  Now I have a confession to make.  I have never made a Christmas ornament before.  I know...crazy!  What kind of crafter am I?!

Now I have seen several versions of clothes pin snowflakes and just love them, so I knew I wanted to do a spin off of that.  But in order to make it fit our baby Jesus theme I decided to make it the star of Bethlehem instead.  Here is what I came up with.



Pretty cute right?!

It was a pretty fun little project too.  Here is what I did...


1-  Gather supplies.  You need one wooden star cut out, 4 regular clothes pins, and 4 mini clothes pin, per ornament.  (You should be able to find everything at most craft stores)
2-  Deconstruct your clothes pins and hot glue the larger sized pins together so the back sides are together.
3-  Leave the small pins apart and give everything a quick coat of white paint.  If you have a 6 year old daughter laying around, this is a perfect thing to have her help you with.
4-  Give everything a quick sanding to distress slightly and to even out the less then perfect paint job done by the 6 year old.
5-  Then hot glue all the pieces together to form your star,  You can see in images 4 & 5 how I lined everything up and how they look from the front and back.
6- Then its time for the fun part!  Embellish! I added rinestones to the center star and on the ends of each large clothes pin.  Added lots of glitter, and a nativity sticker I cut from vinyl to really drive home the "star of Bethlehem" thing.

And thats it!


I hope all the WYLTC ladies enjoy it!  It was fun to make and I'm so excited to check my mail all week as the fun goodies from the other ladies start coming in.  How fun!!!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!


1 comment:

Nicole@CraftySisters-nc said...

Krystal these are so great! I love the star of David look! Beautiful!