Thursday, March 8, 2012

Silhouette Vases by Under My Umbrella

Hey all!  It's Melinda from  over at Under My Umbrella.  Today I feel like a little kid trying to hang out with the bigger kids.  The gals of Wood you like to Craft make amazing stuff and I'm just tagging along :)   Today I'm going to show you how to make silhouette vases....


First of all let me tell you I'm feeling a little crabmuffinish today.  Yes, that word is totally made up.  I like it better than grouchy.  Why so crabmuffinish you ask?  Well my saw is giving me all sorts of problems so I only got 2 vases done and I REALLY wanted 3.  So...someone make three and make me happy!   To make these vases you need a 2x6 piece of wood.  Bigger or smaller will work.  It just depends how wide you want your vases. 



I cut some some vases on paper and traced them on my piece of wood.  Use your scroll saw to cut out the shape.  Hopefully your saw will play nice and cut what you need!


I then sanded, pained and drilled a hole in the top.


There you have it!  Easy and your ready for Spring!!!



Thanks Crafty Sisters for the brilliant theme of "silhouettes"!  I can't wait to see what all you crafty people are up to!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Melinda! That is such a fun idea! I love them! They are really cool and look so cute with your spring display. Nice job!

Candace & Nicole said...

What a great idea to make vases! love the tulips! hope your saw troubles get better!

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

These are so cute! Did you end up making a third one?

Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com