Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Shamrock Silhouette by Sassy Sanctuary

Hello everyone!  Krystal from Sassy Sanctuary here today!  So are you in love with the silhouette bunnies Crafty Sisters made?  I am!  I totally am going to have to make some for Easter.  Silhouettes are such a fun theme and really about anything goes.  I'm excited to see what the other ladies came up with!

Any-who... for my silhouette project I decided to make a Shamrock.  It was such a fun and EASY project!  I love those kinds!  Ready to see?


Isn't it cute!  It actually inspired me to decorate a little vignette on the shelf-wall of my family room.  This is the first time that I have decorated this spot and I love how it looks!


To make your own shamrock silhouette all you need is an unfinished frame, a shamrock cut from 1" pine, some paint and some ribbon.

A shamrock would be an easy cut for a newbie with a jig saw or scroll saw... but I actually found mine already cut at a local scrapbook store for only $6.  Sometimes the short cuts are worth the time they save!

I painted the frame a dark grey and the shamrock green and Modge Podged some scrapbook paper to it.  Then I hot glued the shamrock to the frame and tied a big ole bow around the whole thing.


I LOVE the pattern of the green houndstooth!

Seriously, this was way easy... one afternoon from start to finish.

So that's it.  My simple shamrock silhouette!


Be sure to come back to see what Melinda and Wendy come up with!  They always make the cutest things so I'm sure they will be awesome!


2 comments:

Crafty Sisters said...

What a fun vignette, I love the houndstooth and the ribbon around your shamrock. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.