Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Countdown Owl - Under My Umbrella

 Hey all!  It's Melinda from over at Under My Umbrella.  I love Fall.  It's the smells, colors and of course Halloween!  It's one of my kid's favorite holidays!   When something as great as a day comes where you get to knock on doors and receive candy a countdown is in order!   This little owl is helping us countdown in our house.....

This little guy was easy to make.  I glued together a bunch of wood I had hanging around in my garage.  I seem to have a never ending supply!  Apply vinyl in shape of the owl.  I used my scroll saw to cut holes for his eyes.  His eyes are ping pong balls spray painted and then I added the vinyl numbers.   For the countdown just rotate his eyes around :)



My owl just might fly over to those cute countdown trees the other gals have made for WYLTC and eat some candy!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Melinda! That is SOO cute! What a great idea with the rotating eyes. He is adorable!

Crafty Sisters said...

What a fun idea for the kids! Love the ping pong balls. Nice job Melinda!